Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Stoned thoughts

I got stoned this last night. Whenever I'm stoned I have deep thoughts (or at least I think so). The problem is that I can hardly ever remember what I thought.

The proper instinct: to resist seductive pleasures as long as possible. The better instinct: to redefine what is pleasurable.

There is something inappropriate and vaguely sexual in being interested in children unrelated to you...it infects your relationship with them. (Came to me as I watched Half Nelson. The teacher's relationship seems even more tainted. The movie, by the way, was fascinating -- the teacher is actually teaching "dialectics" to middle school children while smoking crack in his free-time and gets caught by a young girl. Brilliant - so possible, if unlikely.)

No comments: