Monday, April 02, 2007

Books to Goodwill

It's that time again. Time to toss books because my tiny room is a godawful mess.


    Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett: "One of the true masterpieces of the century", according to Clive Barnes. I didn't get it.

    The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway: I have always considered Hemingway overrated.

    Excellence: A collection of quotes.

    The Millionaire Next Door: Interesting.

    Free To Choose by Milton Friedman: Written for the masses with hardly any sources cited, but edifying nonetheless.

    Our Town by Thornton Wilder: A great little screenplay who's author rightly won a Pulitzer Prize.


This is so difficult. I'm wringing my hands over The Last Lion (about Winston Churchill) and Staying Healthy With Nutrition. Meanwhile, I should be doing homework.

No comments: